TD Ameritrade is a United States broker available for beginners and professional investors, whose asset types include stocks and commission-free ETFs, options, futures and other financial assets with a more complex structure. It has branches throughout the United States, listed on the Nasdaq since 1997. Its operation is centered on the Thinkorswim platform. More than 11 million customers have an account with TD Ameritrade.
If you want to know if TD Ameritrade is available in the United Arab Emirates, as well as the best alternatives available, stay on this page and keep reading!
Is it possible to invest in TD Ameritrade from the United Arab Emirates (UAE)?
This American broker is not available in the United Arab Emirates. Currently, it is available, in addition to the United States, in Canada, Singapore, Malaysia, Thailand, Taiwan, Hong Kong and China, and there is no information about expansion plans to other countries.
Alternatives to TD Ameritrade in the United Arab Emirates (UAE)
We are going to give you some alternatives to TD Ameritrade in the UAE. Please, note that these options are based on our knowledge and experience in this field and we believe that they are the best options available in the UAE market. To conclude that they are good options, we used the following criteria: the regulators that oversee the platforms, customer feedback, the ease of use of the platform, accessibility for UAE investors and, of course, something fundamental: costs.
- eToro: Commission-free stock and ETF trading. You can also copy other traders/investors.
- Interactive Brokers: Founded in 1978, IBKR is one of the most trusted brokers in the world. It offers a huge range of financial products (stocks, ETFs, options, etc.) and low currency conversion rates. Interactive Brokers also launched IBKR GlobalTrader, a modern mobile app for trading stocks, options and ETFs, ideal for beginning investors.
- Freedom24: A broker well-known for its exclusive feature of IPO subscriptions for individual investors (previously accessible only for institutional investors). It also offers stocks, ETFs, bonds, futures, and options on major American, Asian and European exchanges.
- Plus500: Is one of the leading CFD brokers. It offers no commissions when trading CFDs in Indices, Forex, Commodities, Cryptocurrencies, Shares, Options and ETFs. It also recently launched Plus500 Invest for those who want to invest in real shares.
- XTB: One of the world’s largest stock exchange-listed brokers, XTB provides traders access to hundreds of markets through forex, indices, commodities, CFDs, and cryptocurrencies. It also features low spreads and commission-free trades.
Unfortunately, we confirm that TD Ameritrade is not available in the UAE. However, there are other viable and good alternatives that can be considered by UAE investors. Those discussed and analyzed are: eToro, Interactive Brokers, Plus500, Freedom24 and XTB.
Each of these platforms has different features and services that may be attractive to different investor profiles.